Friday 8 May 2015

Chives

Why did I start home gardening? Because nothing beats the thrill that you get when you see those small seedlings that sprouted from those little/big seeds that you've sown days/weeks/months before. Whew! And feeling that sense of accomplishment when they start to flower, and of course, when you actually harvest something from them. And speaking of harvesting...

Before harvesting

Photo taken a month ago


They were really easy to grow.

My Harvest



I know it's not that plenty, but it surely feels rewarding.


I had to give them to a friend for her salad. I wanted to show her that you can grow chives from onions that already sprouted in your pantry.

After harvesting.
I read that they regrow. Let's just wait if these will.




"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."
- Robert Louis Stevenson    


Happy gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment